Saturday, July 12, 2014

Where bloggers create 2014 party


Hello and welcome to my studio here in Australia.


Welcome to my beautiful studio, This is where i work everyday. I am a teddy bear artist, but love to create lots of things from the beautiful wall pockets in the above photo to the paper bunting in the below photo, i also make cloth dolls altered art dolls and this year i have started working on altered art fabric books full of vintage lace button etc.

altered art fabric book


I took a class at the beginning of this year with Danita's art i had the best time working on the dolls.
I don't often keep my work but i needed to keep this one. I did make a couple extra to sell.


a couple more of my altered art dolls along with a little bunny and elephant.


This is where i take all my photo's for my bears etc.




I love to make paper tag bunting.


I love vintage lace, Buttons, gloves, baby booties and pearls.



some of my beautiful treasures. I love to collect vintage children's shoes, old bibles cotton bobbins and sewing notions i really just love anything old.




my vintage shoe collection


another basket of new and vintage lace, and one of my altered art fabric books.


This display is at my computer desk. I have 3 desks in my studio one for sewing one for computer work and pattern design and the other is for everything else.


I am so lucky to have found these beautiful old typewriters. They are great to use in my photo's


vintage style giraffe 


storage rack full of beautiful things. Buttons pearls etc.


I love the vintage spice rack in this photo, the drawers are made from porcelain and the rest is wood it is marked made in Germany. 



here is my beautiful french cabinet. and all my vintage cotton reels.


Inside the cabinet.


Inside my french cabinet. My Vintage french lace and all my vintage linen and doilies


I love this corner of the studio. The hat on the dress form is one i made.


My vintage hat collection. The hat in the middle is also one i made.


I love these guys sitting together.

They are sitting in a shadow box that my husband made from a old window frame I painted it and added the vintage paper behind.


I looks so much better filled with my bears.


I love this window shelf.

My sewing machine desk made from another old window frame filled with beautiful vintage treasures with a glass top. Love Love Love


here is a larger shot of the sewing desk I used an old singer sewing machine base with an old window as the top and glass covering it.


my sewing machine desk filled with lots of vintage beauty 


I love vintage style small dress forms, I have many in a lot of sizes I have 3 large vintage dress forms.


This one stands in my bedroom as my studio is so full of furniture.


This one stands in the lounge room.


another Dress form


a set of small drawers i love these for all my storage needs.


here is a closer shot of the other drawers, and my vintage pink scales.

I really hope you have enjoyed looking around my studio, I love being in this room everyday creating

have a beautiful day Lisa


some of my vintage suitcases.


sweet little elephant

44 comments:

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Thank you for the lovely studio tour! I enjoyed it. Your vintage decorations and storage ideas are just wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Lisa your studio has sooo many beautiful vintage pieces. I love your dolls and those bears and giraffes sitting together are truly amazing. All that beautiful vintage goodness to feast my eyes on. O'h and those amazing vintage shoes....love those. The stand with the pearls and buttons on it, again love it.I could just go on and on. Thanks for sharing this amazing space with everyone. Karen.x

Bohemian said...

I Love your Beautiful Creative Space, the Sepia Hues of it, the Collections, and your Art... it's all so filled with Inspiration that I thoroughly Enjoyed the Grand Tour. Thank you for Inviting us in to behold it all. I see that you too find how handy and visually Appealing it is to use an old bottle drying rack to hold our spools. I will probably be up most of the Night now visiting everyone's Studios! *winks*

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

Doni said...

OH this is GORGEOUS!! I can't take my eyes off of one picture to go to the next!! You have so many beautiful things that I am so inspired!! I love your photos...many of them I will be Pinning to my Crafty Spaces board on Pinterest, then pinning again to Laces and other boards because I love it all so much!!!
Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful craft space.
Blessings,
Doni

Sandra Kaye said...

Just lovely!!! I had a wonderful trip looking:)

Unknown said...

Wow, love all the vintage pieces you have and the vintage typewriters remind me of my childhood as my dad was a typewriter repair man and I grew up in a typewriter shop. I love things that bring back those memories.

Karen Valentine said...

Your studio is divine Lisa!!! It is sooo my style and loved everything I saw!! Thank you so much for joining the party!!!

Rita Barakat said...

I am in awe of your vintage space! The hats, the shoes, the lace love it all! I would love to have a room like this but its not conducive to my work! But I love looking at it!

Rita Barakat said...

I am in awe of your vintage space! The hats, the shoes, the lace love it all! I would love to have a room like this but its not conducive to my work! But I love looking at it!

Diane said...

I love your beautiful creative space. So many vintage items and I love all your dolls. I really enjoyed the tour and I'm a new follower!

Maureen said...

Oh my... adore your Studio and your collections. Those vintage shoes are adorable, but not as adorable as your creations - love the giraffes; so very cute! Your tastes are very similar to mine. Thank you for the tour - it was great to visit you!

GranthamLynn said...

Great space. Beautiful collection. Thanks for inviting us over. I linked my tiny space too. Come see me.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely work space. I so love those vintage hats and your little bears and such.
Michele

Deborah Weber said...

So much wonderfulness here! Thank you for the delightful tour!

Bill and Mary Glidden said...

Beautiful studio- thank you for sharing! I love the lace hats you have displayed- think I might have to try to make one!!

Diana Seal said...

What a great space Lisa! And so many vintage goodies, very beautifully decorated!
Thanks for sharing!
Diana

Art and Sand said...

I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to your fabulous creative space. I love all the vintage loveliness that surrounds you as you work.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

What a great creative space! I love that fabric book and would like to try one myself soon. I think I am a bit intimidated and am not really sure where to start, but I'm sure once I get going it will take off. Love your nurse doll. I can see why you wanted to keep this one. It is just beautiful.

Pam said...

It really is a beautiful space Lisa. You've done something very special with it, and I'm not surprised you like to lock yourself in there so often! :) Can't imagine why you'd want to leave it to come over to mine for craft day on Wednesdays! lol. ♥

Kathy said...

You and I like a lot of the same things and I loved touring your creative space. Thank you for sharing!

Maureen Hayes said...

Could I simply move in and just stand there and drool?! The vintage goodies, the beautiful giraffes, the hats you make, it is all so lovely. Thank you Soooo much for showing us around your space, I really enjoyed it.

Botanic Bleu said...

What wonderful collections you have. Your dolls are wonderful. I can see why you had to keep at least one of them. Their faces are so expressive.

Judith

lindsey said...

Oh wow Lisa I thoroughly enjoyed browsing through your studio, what a joy to work & be surrounded by so many beautiful things. I am sooooo jealous...lol. Thank's for the peek.

suziqu's thread works said...

Hello Lisa -lovely to meet you being another Australian artist on the far south coast. Everything in your creative space appeals to me especially your beautiful vintage collections, storage and, of course, your sweet fabric and lace books that I can see.
You may like to see a few on my blog also.
Enjoy the party.
Suzy

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

WOW! You have a space filled with yumminess for sure...

Blessings to you!

Spencer

Connie said...

I haven't visited for a while, and oh my! Have I been missing out. Your space of fabulous. I would like to tell you what things are my favorites, but that is impossible when every single thing is goreous:)
Thanks for the amazing tour.
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

So many pretty things! But my fave has to be the shadow box your husband made.

Sandy said...

Oh my what a heavenly place to dream, create, and play in! I adore all the little vintage shoes. You have created a true vintage artist haven! Thank you for sharing.

Michellee said...

O MY!!! I thought I had visited heaven.. I love ALL your vintage pieces.. Your displays.. EVERYTHING about your space. Your dolls and bears you create.. Absolutely Stunning.. Thanks for sharing your AMAZING studio.

farmhouse-story said...

what a lovely room full of vintage goodness! love your hats and bears:) enjoy!

Chris Flynn said...

What a beautiful space you have created! I especially love the vintage hats! including the one you created. Thank you for sharing. Hope you'll visit my studio too! Sweet blessings, Chris

Mari Brown and Colourblob said...

Hello and greetings from Ontario, Canada!!! You have a lovely space that you work in, and your dolls and animals are really adorable. Lots of hidden treasures in your space and fantastic antique pieces.
Lovely tour, thank you for sharing!!

Judys Lace Creations said...

Sew Pretty. Love your space, and great dolls.I'm a new follower.

Judys Lace Creations said...

Sew Pretty. Love your space, and great dolls.I'm a new follower.

Cathy said...

Love, love, love, love, love! Did I say Love!

Cathy ♥

Patty Antle said...

Loved seeing your studio. Those hats you made are amazing. I can see why you spend so much of your time there.

Tammy said...

What a gorgeous room! I really enjoyed the beautiful photos. Thanks for the tour!

Shell said...

All the teddy bears, dolls, lace, dresses and hats are simply beautiful. Your creative space is nspiring.

Romeo said...

Lisa, your studio is beautiful! Love your old typewriters, lace, baby shoes and baby dresses! And oh my, those hats are incredible!!! You have such a gift to be able to create all that you do! Thank you for sharing your studio with us! Loved it!

Sherry said...

Your studio is a place that I would love to spend some time in. Thanks so much for sharing your creations, you are a very talented artist. I love the way you display your treasures. Thanks so much for sharing your ideas and inspiration.

Helena White said...

Love Love Love your studio! From the vintage shoes to the hats to the lace...simple bliss...A girl after my own heart...Another time - Another Place - Beautiful -

❤ Helena

─ƤєтαƖ & Lαcє Ƈσттαgє ─

Gwen Simmons said...

I am completely blown aways. Beautiful studio, awesome stuff. Love the glass top sewing table. Of course, I love almost all of it. It just radiates the love and attention to detail that went into it. And your dolls and teddy bears are so adorable. I am not really a doll person, but I am coveting the nurse doll. She is truly beautiful. Thanks for allowing me to look at your studio.
Sincerely,
Gwen

A Joyful Cottage said...

Thank you for the tour of your studio, Lisa. It's so beautiful -- like a boutique. I love all your collections, your French cupboard, sewing machine table, the window shelf, all your wonderful creations, just everything. I could spend all my days in such a lovely space. So glad I found you at Karen's party, and now I'm a happy follower. ~ Nancy @ A Joyful Cottage

Lace Age Girl said...

Love the vintage baby shoes and the window copboard. What a clever idea that is! What an exciting space to work in.