Sunday, November 28, 2010

Busy weekend crafting


So this is what I have been up to on the weekend! Saturday making lots of little snowmen for the Christmas tree I also made some gingerbread men for the kids to eat, I have never made gingerbread men before they where just beautiful! and yummy to!


  So after breakfast this morning I started to work on the snowmen and this is the first one of 10 I have finished and I love it so much I had to share with you all!  this is the first time I have worked with clay since being in school! I am addicted to it already. 

in the above photo are the little snowmen waiting to be dressed sitting on my vintage sheet music book and on the left are some beautiful handmade hearts made by my beautiful daughter made from wire finished with pearl beads! and also some of my roses from the garden that the kids bought me for mothers day!




 Yesterday I went hunted in second hand book shops looking for some sheet music for another Christmas craft I am working on and look what I found!  I am going to have problems using this one I think!
  Have a beautiful Sunday Lisa

2 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

I was at an auction a few weeks ago and they had several big boxes full of sheet music. Some of it was hand-written. It went for like $2 a box. There had to be hundreds of books there. If I'd only had a way to store such materials.......
I do have a really old hymnal, though. I want to see what you do with the sheet music!
★Linda★

The Feathered Nest said...

Hi sweet Lisa!!! Your snowmen ornaments turned out WONDERFUL!!! I'm so glad that my instructions were easy to understand ~ don't you just love working with clay?? I love your elephants too!!! I want to make a doll so bad, I just have to make the time :) Thanks so much for emailing me Lisa so I could see your artwork!! hugs and love, Dawn